Join the crew
Position: Marquee Erectors We’re looking for build crew from April who can build and dismantle marquees on locations mainly within 1 hour location of Sheffield. A typical day will involve loading the vans at storage heading to the venue, marking and pegging the marquee to the ground with sledge hammers, laying the flooring, erecting the marquee, setting up lights, dance-floor and bars. Before heading back to base to load up for the next job. We are based in the city centre with our storage based at S26 so if people can drive and have access to a vehicle is a big plus although not an absolute deal breaker. If you’re able, you may be asked to drive 3.5 tonne vans. It’s a physical job, working in all weathers and involves loading and unloading vans some of the marquees can be heavy up to 40 kilograms for short lifts. You must:
- Be enthusiastic and active.
- Have a can do attitude (even when the rain is pouring!)
- Follow instructions and pay attention to detail.
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Assist in the erection and dismantling of Trapeze marquees (20x30ft and 30x40ft)
- Be physically fit as the work is physically demanding and includes heavy lifting.
- Be able to work long hours including weekends and bank holidays when required.
- Be able to work as part of a team and be self motivated.
- Be reliable and be good at timekeeping.
- This is an ideal summer job for students but interested to hear from all particularly for team leader roles.
We offer good rates of pay. Starting April onwards. No experience is necessary as full training can be given. Please send your CV to email@example.com